- What types of properties do you take on?
- We manage a wide range of properties from studios to multiple bedroom townhouses
- How do you value properties, and how quickly do you make an offer?
- We can rent your property directly from you for a fixed-term tenancy, paying you a guaranteed rent in-line, if not higher, than market rates. We value properties based on lots of different actors; location, conditions, size…the process is simple and straight forward.
1. We will arrange a convenient time to visit your property to conduct a valuation.
2. We will send you a formal written offer within 24 hours – we will arrange a time to talk through the over the phone.
3. Once everything is agreed will send a contract to you on the same day.
- Who will manage my property during this time?
- Like in every tenancy, the landlord chooses whether they want to self manage the property or they want to appoint a management company, or let us do it ourselves. The landlord anyhow is still responsible financially for the usual things the landlord is responsible for. However we will do most of the legwork, we have a full management department that will take care of any repairs and maintenance issues with previous Landlord authorisation.
- Can I keep using my own tradesman I’ve used for years?
- Of course, as long as they are legally certified and fully insured.
- Will there be more wear and tear?
- This question comes up frequently and the answer is no. A property let by an estate agent 3 times in 3 years will always have more wear and tear as opposed to having it in the same hands for 3 years straight with regular maintenance and upkeep.
- What type of contract will we sign?
- We provide a common law agreement called best known as “company agreement” with effectively makes Alterna London Living your tenant for the period of your contract (typically 3-5 years) and gives us the authority to manage the property in your behalf.
- Who pays my rent?
- Alterna London Living will be responsible for guaranteeing the rent every month, despite the property being occupied or not the Money goes directly from our bank account to yours
- How do you find and reference tenants?
- This comes from long term relationships developed with the HR departments of big well known companies, relocation agents and oversees connections who directly approach us to find accommodation for their staff.-
1. Employment Reference
2. Bank Statement History Check
3. Passport or identification and VISA (according to government regulation rules)
4. Credit history check
5. Previous Landlord reference
- I’d like to be sure that everything is always in order, Can I inspect the property regularly?
- We conduct inspections every two weeks to check the condition of the property, however as we tell all of our landlords, we are happy for you to hold a set of keys and come around and inspect the property yourself to make sure you are happy with the way we are managing things.